Concepts Sport is the leading sports licensed sleepwear Apparel Company in the US. We provide team logo merchandise to consumers and currently have the rights to over 400 colleges and universities as well as NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, and NASCAR. Our brands are Concepts Sport, Sideline Apparel, and Bottom Drawers.
We are seeking a candidate with the ability to be a team player. This position is accountable to maintain success of owned product categories and work cross functionally with other areas internally and our overseas vendors.
• Assist in the creation and strategy for product lines that best represent our vision and targets our core consumer base.
• Maintain and understand the merchandising vision and strategy for overall product line across multiple categories.
• Work cross-functionally with other departments to ensure garment integrity and accurate product data of specs.
• Represent merchandising at design meetings collaborating with all other departments and assisting with line reviews for multiple categories.
• Manage and arrange product for sales meetings /sample room coordination.
• Market research and market knowledge-Identify and understand opportunities in the marketplace for seasonal development.
• Communicate with internal staff and vendors in clear and concise manner.
• Maintaining follow-up and spreadsheets on areas of development e.g. fabric/trims and fabric testing.
• Development work on graphic applications and sewn products through clear and concise communication to define our needs.
Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree
• 1-2 years’ experience preferred
• Communication Skills - Speaks in positive manner, Listens and gets clarification when needed, Responds well to questions.
• Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Analytical skills - Collects/researches data and uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information for best results.
• Leadership - Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Accepts feedback from others.